Speaking to Your Group
Lynn Grodzki, LCSW, MCC (Master Certified Coach) is an internationally-known business coach who has given workshops to tens of thousands of therapists, coaches, and healing professionals in four countries.
Author of 6 books and popular presenter at national conferences, she is a pioneer in the field of business coaching, helping therapists and other non-business-oriented professionals become highly successful in their work and clinical skills.
She is on the faculty of Coach University and is a frequent contributor to the Psychotherapy Networker and Social Work Today magazines.
Top Rated Presenter
Lynn’s workshop: “A Day for New Clinicians” (at the prestigious Psychotherapy Networker Symposium) was rated the #1 workshop out of 185 presentations!
When asked in their evaluations, “What did you like about this workshop?”
“Her lovely soft presentation style, while still being very clear and direct.”
“PRACTICAL, INFORMATIVE, ENCOURAGING/MOTIVATING. GOOD COMMAND OF PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE!”
“Lynn is a superb teacher and coach. She directly addresses her audience’s needs, stays right on target throughout.”
“Interesting examples cited to back up her points.”
“Current information and strategies for private practice, coaching and Ms. Grodzki was awesome.”
Lynn’s Popular Workshop Titles Include:
One-day workshop (6 hours)
BUILDING YOUR IDEAL PRIVATE PRACTICE: Lynn’s signature practice-building workshop that covers mindset, marketing, money and more.
Whether you are new to private practice or an experienced clinician, you deserve to have an ideal practice—one that provides you with personal satisfaction and profitability. Success in private practice is not just based on what you do, it also relies upon who you are—including your values and your vision as a business owner. To promote your values and vision, you need to boost your entrepreneurial mindset. Lynn’s holistic, clear and articulate ideas about practice building can help all therapists exhibit more confidence, not just competence as they go further on their business journey.
- Utilize a basic, 3-step business model to clarify business challenges
- Reconcile the opposing concepts of service and profit to allow more comfort in charging full fees
- Generate more referrals with strategies within your comfort zone
- Identify and reduce limiting beliefs that sabotage financial business success
- Learn to love both the craft and the business of therapy in equal measure
THERAPY WITH A COACHING EDGE:
Many therapists admit to using a coaching style in their sessions, for good reasons: a coaching approach can appeal to clients who want a more transparent relationship with a therapist, and in doing so, foster client readiness for action. But while some coaching elements fit into therapy easily, others challenge therapeutic norms and need modification. This workshop will help you to understand and apply the skills and structure to allow clients to set clear goals and see the progress they make, even in a single session. Learn some coaching skills that have been modified specifically for therapy and see how to boost client satisfaction and retention. You’ll explore:
- The best way to structure a single therapy session to identify goals and generate results each time.
- The value of adopting a partnership position–a collaborative coaching stance that encourages action steps.
- Specific coaching skills, including how to ask powerful questions and set the stage for readiness.
- The steps to using a “coaching edge” – the compassionate confrontation that boosts motivation and keeps clients on track.
ADVANCING CLINICAL CONFIDENCE:
Do you feel uncertain when faced with a difficult case? Studies show that clients get the best results when their therapist appears self-assured—so what can you do when you feel confused or in doubt about your effectiveness? Come and learn how to advance your clinical confidence, to understand what counts (and what doesn’t) when it comes to getting results and being a successful clinician.
- Learn to quickly and effectively organize, assess and summarize each session.
- Adopt a session setup that offers tangible progress for clients—to promote results in every session.
- Apply your “secret weapon”—your use of self—to build the therapeutic alliance.
- Discuss the best methods for tracking and measuring client progress.
- Encourage better client retention from the first contact through a full course of treatment.
Half-day workshop (3 hours)
ITS A JUNGLE OUT THERE: IDENTIFYING THE ETHICAL CHALLENGES IN PRIVATE PRACTICE:
Social workers often face complex ethical problems that are specific to those who own and operate a private practice. For example, how do you reconcile the ideal of social work selflessness with the very real self-interest of running a business? Which 5 billing mistakes commonly result in malpractice violations? When can offering a sliding scale be considered unethical?
With the right information, learning to survive and thrive in a private practice aligns with applying the highest standards of ethical principles. In this workshop, we will explore the best solutions for some common concerns, including:
- The best business practices for setting, raising, and discounting fees to protect your clients, your licensure, and your income
- How to set boundaries to avoid tricky dual relationships that can sabotage therapy and trigger ethical issues
- What to do when the need to refer a client out conflicts with your desire to keep your client count high
- How to ease feelings of resentment for the necessary but often unpaid and unbilled work in private practice, such as note taking, client phone calls, and conferring with other professionals
To see a sample Letter of Agreement with fees and expenses, or set up a time to talk to Lynn about presenting at a conference or doing a webinar or teleseminar for your group or association, please email or call:
PH: 301 434 0766
What Others Say
With the laser focus of a seasoned business professional, the empathy of a compassionate therapist, and the light touch of a great coach, Lynn Grodzki shows you exactly what to do to keep your practice thriving in any economy.
“In person, Lynn embodies everything she teaches in her books. Her workshop was professionally inspiring and personally motivating. Her sterling evaluations reflected the overwhelming appreciation and excitement that participants felt during the weekend. We loved it.”
Lynn Grodzki is the most sought after experts on how to grow a private practice and for good reason. She is a gifted teacher with years of experience as a clinician and spot on marketing instincts who empowers therapists to build their practices with integrity and authenticity. I found her latest strategies innovative and extremely helpful.
“Lynn’s presentation was worth the entire cost of the symposium! Great material, hugely relevant. Well organized, well paced. Great connections with the group. Of all the workshops at this conference, hers was the one that had the most practical application to my daily work.”
“I liked the Lynn’s direct and honest approach to some of the barriers that come up when trying to run a business and be a clinician. I also enjoyed the opportunities to break up into dyads and practice some of the skills that were being discussed. She is a great speaker and very knowledgable about private practice success (and addressing concerns about building the private practice). I’ve been coming to this conference for 5-years and found this session to be one of the most helpful sessions I’ve ever been to.”
“Wonderfully helpful day. Her advice was practical and well researched and yet extremely encouraging and ‘can-do’. I left feeling very inspired in embarking on my own practice and felt armed with a great number of useful tools.”